Back before I eliminated grains I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I loved it. I would add all sorts of good things like fruit, nuts, nut butters, coconut... oh yum! Sometimes I would even eat it again for dinner... yep that's how much I loved the stuff.
Well clearly this isn't a true oatmeal recipe as it's completely grain free but it is pretty darn yummy if you ask me! And I really don't think the pictures do this one justice but trust me it does taste good!
Apple Cinnamon "Oatmeal" (Paleo, SCD, Breakfast)
2 cups pecans
1 cup water
1-2 tsp ground cinnamon (depending on desired taste)
1 TBSP organic vanilla
1 cup apple sauce
Optional toppings (you choose your favourites): fruit, coconut flakes, coconut milk, raisins...
1. Grind pecans in your food processor until you get a finely ground mixture (it will start to form clumps)
2. Add water to pot and turn onto medium heat
3. Add ground pecans to water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the "oatmeal" is your desired consistency. Stir the mixture frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
4. After a few minutes add the cinnamon and vanilla
5. Once oatmeal is almost done add the apple sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes