Here is the link to the brand I have been using:
Again I can't really call this one truly ice cream since there is no dairy involved... but it does have a similar texture and it's cold so ice cream is the name it gets. I pretty much love everything that involves raspberries so I have to say that I like this version better than the first "Ice cream" recipe that I posted. But I will have to wait to see what you all think!
Is everyone having a good weekend? I sure hope so!
I can't believe it is almost halloween already! Time is flying by. They already have Christmas stuff in all the stores. Crazy. But that's actually ok with me. I love Christmas. Such a happy time of year. And such good food. Oh yum!
Ok but enough rambling. Time for a recipe. I hope you enjoy this one!
Raspberry Banana "Ice Cream" (SCD, Paleo, GAPS, Dessert)
1 pint raspberries
2 ripe bananas
2/3 cup coconut butter
1/3 cup cacao butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp grassfed gelatin
pinch sea salt
1. Place all ingredients except for gelatin into a saucepan on medium heat on the stove
2. Heat until all ingredients are blended well. You will have to mash the bananas with a fork or pastry blender to help remove the lumps
3. Once ingredients are blended to your liking remove from heat and add gelatin, stirring well to ensure it is dissolved
4. Transfer ingredients into a glass bowl and place in the freezer
5. Allow to cool for approximately 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until the "ice cream" has the texture you desire
6. Serve and enjoy! This makes about 4 servings and can be kept in the fridge but the texture will change slightly overtime due to the gelatin (but it still tastes delicious)
Ps. Do you like my pretty new bowls? They are from Anthropologie. It is my dream to one day furnish my house in their stuff. Yes a girl can dream.
Well have a good weekend everyone! Let me know what you think! And as always feel free to ask any questions!